ScanBizCards provides cutting-edge solutions to Scan your Business Cards and Conference Badges. We are committed to making sure you get a stellar service to save your business contacts in your address book and business applications using your mobile device. With ScanBizCards, you will always have everything you need to capture and transcribe business contacts to build and strengthen your relationships. We do this by using the power of crowdsourcing, in which users of our apps and services contribute their contact data to our CroudSourced Business Contact Database. We use this data, anonymize it, and match it with billions of other data points from millions of other users who have contributed their data as well, to determine the best business contact data for each individual.
The ScanBizCards family includes the ScanBizCards websites and web-based and mobile apps, APIs and Manual Transcription Services.
The CrowdSourced Business Contact Database
The business contact information we collect from you and your address books when you use our Services (including name, company, business title, work address, work phone number, work mobile phone number, work fax number, and business email address) is stored in our central database (the “CrowdSourced Business Contact Database”). When you use our Services to capture email signatures or scan business cards, extracted business contact information is added to the CrowdSourced Business Contact Database, and we retain the scanned images. The CrowdSourced Business Contact Database also contains data from publicly available sources and from our trusted business partners.
We apply our patented algorithms on the data housed in the CrowdSourced Business Contact Database to identify the complete and most up-to-date business information for each contact. We may provide the complete and up-to-date business contact information that we derive through this mechanism to our users (i.e you), clients, and business partners to ensure their (a) business card scanning experience using our apps is free from the inaccuracies of OCR (Optical Character Recognition) deficiencies, (b) complete contact information in the event business card or conference badge doesn’t contain all the relevant business contact information, and, (c) business contacts are always kept current, and, (d) identification and recognition in the marketplace and the prospect of beneficial business, commercial and employment opportunities and partnerships.
We make best efforts to remove any non-business information, such as home address, home phone numbers, personal email addresses and personal mobile phone numbers from the contact information we collect from you before populating the CrowdSourced Business Contact Database. These personal data elements are not permitted in the CrowdSourced Business Contact Database. In order to remain compliant with all international privacy standards such as CASL and GDPR, ScanBizCards uses all commercially available tools to identify and remove all personal data for any individual identified to be located outside of the United States.
Information We Collect
If you use our optional email signature capture functionality you must authorize ScanBizCards to automatically collect header information and signature blocks contained in the emails. This includes any emails stored in your email account, and any future emails. As explained below, ScanBizCards captures the email headers and signature block information from the email. We then immediately purge the rest of the email from the ScanBizCards system. By using the email signature functionality, you consent to ScanBizCards having access to your email messages in order to gather new contact information.
If you use a third party application(s), our APIs or website(s) to integrate your information into ScanBizCards and its Services, you agree to transmit your information with the API and/or also authorize the third party application(s) to transmit your information to ScanBizCards, and for ScanBizCards to return information back to you or the third party application(s) as necessary. When you register for and use our services, you may provide to us the following types of Personal Information about yourself and your contacts:
- Registration Information. To open a ScanBizCards Account, you must provide your name, email address, and a password.
- Credit Card Information. When you purchase some of our services, you must provide your payment card information.
- Social Networking and Email Platform Information. For some of our services, you must link your ScanBizCards account with another email, network, or social network account. When you link accounts with your ScanBizCards account, you provide your email account or network credentials, including your passwords, and other account information. More information about Social Networking and Email Platform Information is provided below.
- Referral Information. When you use ScanBizCards to refer our Services to your contacts or friends, we will collect and use any contact information you choose to provide to automatically generate an invitation to the contacts and friends you select. The contact information you may choose to provide may include information from your address books, online email services, and other mobile or online services. We do not use or store Referral Information for any other purposes.
- Feedback Information. You may provide additional information through online forms, surveys, contests, and communications or by other means. We store this information and associate it with your Registration Information. You are not required to provide such information to us, but some Services may not be available to you unless you do.
- Application Data. When you choose to install and use our Services, you consent to our collection of contact information about you and your contacts on your mobile device and in the various address books that you choose to link to your account. Application Data includes Personal Address Book Information and communication information. You may also choose to grant us additional permissions at any other time.
- Personal Address Book Information. We collect the contacts included on your mobile device and in your address books linked to your ScanBizCards account (your “Personal Address Books”). This may include both personal and business contacts.
- Business Card Information. When you use our Services to scan business cards, extracted business contact information is added to the CroudSourced Business Contact Database.
- Email Capture Information. When you use our Email Capture Functionality (described in detail below).
In addition, we may automatically collect information about your use of the Services, including:
- Information about your smart device, including unique device identifiers, the manufacturer of your device, the phone model, the operating system used, mobile network information, screen usage data, and the version of the Application or Services.
- Information about your browser, including log information, Internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring URL and the date and time of the request, hardware settings, and other system information, such as system activity and crashes.
- Screen usage data and other aggregate, or statistical data.
You can find more information about how we protect your information.
Email Signature Capture Functionality
Our email signature capture functionality offers a quick and convenient way to keep your Address Books up-to-date by allowing us to capture new contact information from email signature blocks and header information. To accomplish this, we must access and monitor your email account. We do not read your emails. With your authorization, we automatically capture email header information and any signature blocks contained in any email stored in or sent from your email account. We will collect the following information, if available, for each person from their signatures in your emails:
- Email address
- Job title and department
- Business phone numbers (general, direct and fax)
- Company name
- Postal address of company
- Business related postal address of person
- Corporate website URLs
- Social Networking URLs
- Manager’s Name
- Assistant’s Name
From the headers of your emails, we collect:
- The date the email message was sent or received
- Email addresses and names of recipients and senders
As soon as we have captured the email addresses and signature block information from your emails, we immediately purge the rest of the email content from our system.
We may use session and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only during one session and disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your browser or turn off your computer. Session cookies make it easier to navigate our Website and persistent cookies are used to remember users’ information so they do not have to enter it more than once and to improve our Services. Most Web browsers allow you to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access some of the functionality offered on our Sites.
A “Web beacon” (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs) is a small and often invisible graphic image or other web programming code embedded in a web page or email. We use Web beacons or similar technologies for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Sites, to monitor how users navigate our Services, and to count how many e-mails sent were actually opened. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings. We may associate Personal Information with Web beacon activity of users.
We use various third parties to help provide the most valuable Services to you as possible. The provisions that follow set out our relationships with the following third parties as they relate to your information:
- Service Providers
- App Analytics
- Social Networks and Email Platforms
- Ad Servers
Service Providers. Our service providers may include network advertisers, ad agencies, third-party traffic measurement services, and other vendors. We use these third-party service providers:
- to collect and store data regarding use of our website and Services;
- to serve our advertisements on other websites, within third party applications, and across the Internet;
- to provide us with information regarding the effectiveness of our advertisements; and
- to build and maintain user profiles.
To provide these analytics and advertisement services, our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to our websites and use of our Services. They also may store the information we collect about you.
These analytics provide insights about our Services, including key metrics that help us manage and improve those Services. Our Analytics partners may collect your information including:
- Device and network information, including platform information, a uniquely generated ID, operating system version, IP address, network carrier, and a country code.
- Application information, such as which ScanBizCards applications you use, how you use them, and the frequency and duration of usage.
- Personal Information that you share with our applications.
- Available Personal Information from third parties used for authentication when you login to, or create accounts on, our applications using platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google, or Microsoft, including your name, email address, location, gender, interests, device, application usage, user ID, and contact information.
- Device location information if location services are enabled for our applications.
Social Networks and Email Platforms. We offer you the option of linking your social networking (such as Twitter and Facebook) and email accounts (such as Gmail) with your ScanBizCards Account. Some of our Services require you to link accounts. For example, to use our Signature Capture Service, you must link your email account to your ScanBizCards Account.
Ad Servers. We may use third-party ad servers to serve ads that may interest you. These third-party ad-servers may automatically collect information about your visit to our websites and to other websites. They do this by using Cookies, Web Beacons and other technologies. The information ad servers collect may be used, among other things, to deliver advertising targeted to your interests and to better understand the usage of the Services and visits to the Sites and the other websites tracked by these third parties. Third-party ad servers may collect and use Personal Information from other sources as part of their ad serving.
If you would like more information about ad servers and to know your choices about not having this information used by third-party ad servers, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org and http://www.aboutads.info.
You may choose to unsubscribe from our Services at any time. To request to unsubscribe from our Services, please send a request at email@example.com . Additional verification information may be required to process your requests. We will respond to your verified requests within thirty (30) days. We will retain information you previously provided.
You also may update your Registration Information through your Account on our Services. You also may stop using our Services by removing our applications from your device. For Services that access or link to any other account you may have (e.g., email or social media accounts), you must deactivate the links between your ScanBizCards account and your other accounts to stop using our Services. Please note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives prior to you unsubscribing. To help ensure data quality and accuracy, business professionals whose business contact information may be listed in the CroudSourced Business Contact Database may access their own business information upon request.
You can prevent collection of Personal Information from third-party email and social networking services (such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, or Microsoft) by not linking your email or social networking accounts with your ScanBizCards account.
In addition to the choices outlined above, you may adjust any settings and permissions on your device(s), browser(s), and social networking and email accounts. Please refer to information from your device manufacturer and other services providers to determine how to make these changes.
How We Retain Information
How We Protect Information
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the security of your information against unauthorized access and disclosure both online and offline. These measures include the implementation of reasonable technical, physical and administrative data security safeguards that are consistent with our business operations and industry standards. For example, we use secure socket layer (“SSL”) or other encryption technology when transmitting your Personal Information between your system and ours.
We also employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information. Access to Personal Information is restricted so that only certain of our employees are granted access to information as appropriate to perform specific jobs and tasks. Some information is also stored in an encrypted form within our own databases. We use appropriate security measures to store payment card information.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our systems, no applications, website or Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We urge you to take steps to keep your Personal Information safe (including your username and password), and to log out of your account after each use.
Our Services are not intended for or directed to children. Children under 18 are not eligible to use our Services. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and understand that you must be at least 18 years old in order to create an account and purchase the Services advertised through our websites and applications. We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered Personal Information from children younger than the age of 13, we will take reasonable measures to delete or destroy such information from our records.
International Users and Onward Transfer
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 30 days for us to respond to any such request. We do not collect Personal Information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services as a Third-Party Ad Server. Therefore, “do not track” signals transmitted from web browsers do not apply to the Sites, and we do not alter any of our data collection and use practices upon receipt of such a signal. Where a user or web browser transmits a “do not track” signal, third parties that place cookies and collect information on the Sites will be able to see that such a signal has been transmitted.
ScanBizCards has appointed a lead for data protection (data protection officer) for you to contact should you have any questions regarding our use of personal data:email@example.com
If you have general questions or comments, or would like to learn more about us, please contact us at https://www.ScanBizCards.com, or at our mailing address:
ScanBiz Mobile Solutions LLC .
4040 Fairfax Drive, Suite 700A,
Arlington VA 22203